We provide care and accommodation to our clients and residents in the Peninsula Community. Getting to know our clients and residents enables us to provide them with the support and services they want. It is a core part of what we do.
Community Villages Pty Ltd, Village Glen FlexiCare Pty Ltd and Ti Tree Operations Pty Ltd are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles, and the Health Privacy Principles.
The references throughout this policy to ‘we’, ‘us’ ‘our’ include the Village Glen Retirement Village, the Village Glen Flexicare Home Support and the Village Glen Aged Care Residences.
How do we collect your information?
We start collecting information from the first time we meet or speak with you and we continue to collect your information throughout your time with us.
We always try to get the information we need from you directly, either by speaking with you or by providing you with forms to fill out, or via the internet including our website.
Sometimes we need to get information about you from people other than you. This includes your family, your doctor, government departments (e.g. Centrelink, Veterans affairs) or your legal representative.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect about you may include your:
- Name and contact details
- Credit Card Details
- Tax File Number
- Emergency contacts
- Medicare Number
- DVA Number
- Direct Debit Information
- Centrelink Reference Number
- Health information
How do we use your information?
We only collect the information we need and we only use the information we collect to provide you with the accommodation, care and support you want.
We use the information we collect to provide you with the services you have requested, to let you know about other support and services we can offer to you and to comply with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect:
- to process applications for residency
- for billing and invoicing purposes
- to develop and deliver appropriate care plans
- to make referrals to medical and health practitioners
- to keep you up to date with information about the support and services we offer
- to improve our services
- to identify you
- to meet our obligations under applicable laws
- to develop products as services better suited to our residents and clients’ needs
- A person you have instructed is acting on your behalf;
- Service providers who carry out functions on our behalf (banking and financial institutions, solicitors, IT or software service providers). Some of these providers maybe located overseas and your personal information will only be stored in accordance with this policy and applicable laws;
- Health Service providers like hospitals, doctors, emergency services;
- external dispute resolution bodies;
- Government Departments, law enforcement agencies, regulators or external advisors for legal purposes; and
- to our related companies for the purposes of preparing and responding to emergencies, product development and marketing.
Our website and ‘cookies’
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is protected from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes how we store your information both electronic and hardcopy, who has access to your information and how we destroy your records when we are no longer required to hold them.
How can you correct or amend the information we hold about you?
You can make a request to access the information we hold about you. You can do this in person, over the telephone by calling 1300 VILLGLEN or in writing to the Privacy Officer of either the Village Glen Retirement Village, the Village Glen Aged Care Residences or the Village Glen FlexiCare Home Support c/- Head Office, 335 Eastbourne Road Capel Sound 3940.
If you are requesting access to the information we hold about you, your request should include a description of the information you require and whether you want to view it in person or want a copy.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us and ask us to amend or correct the information. If we do not agree with the correction you have requested we will tell you in writing that the information will not be amended and we will tell you our reasons why.
335 Eastbourne Road
Capel Sound 3940
|1300 VILLGLEN (8455 4536)
We always try to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction and in a timely manner. If you are not satisfied and are unhappy with the response that you receive from us about your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner:
|GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
|1300 363 992.