Contact Me Today

    We will be in contact with you shortly.

    *Mandatory fields


    Steps to Aged Care

    Village Glen are here to help you along this journey.

    My Aged Care is the Australian Government’s website for aged care and is the starting point for you to access Aged Care Services. You can access the website via but we have also listed the steps below to assist you in this process.

    There are a number of aged care options available to you in Australia and these services we offer at Village Glen:

    The Australian Government contributes to the cost of aged care services which may be partly or fully funded. You are expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to. How much you are required to pay depends on:

    • Your financial situation
    • The number and types of service you receive
    • The service provider’s fees

    Step 1.

    Contact my aged care and organise an assessment.

    Contact My Aged Care and organise an assessment. Before you can access any Government funded services, you must obtain an Aged Care Assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). A trained assessor will talk to you about your care needs and whether you are eligible for services.

    To organise an assessment with My Aged Care phone 1800 200 422

    Once you have obtained an assessment you will receive an approval letter detailing what level of services you are eligible for.

    Step 2.

    Obtain a financial assessment.

    You need to obtain a financial assessment from the Department of Human Services (DHS) or the Department of Veterans affairs (DVA). This will help you work out costs with service providers and what Government funding you are eligible for.

    The financial assessment is called the ‘Request for Income & Asset Assessment’ and is where your income and assets are checked. You aren’t required to lodge a Request for Income & Asset Assessment to receive aged care services, but if you don’t the Government can charge a “Means Not Disclosed” fee and this is currently up to $270.57 per day.

    This income and assets assessment is used to determine if you are eligible to receive assistance with your accommodation costs from the Government and if you need to pay a means-tested care fee.

    You can apply for a means test at any time; this can occur prior to you obtaining the Aged Care assessment as mentioned above.

    To arrange for a formal income and assets assessment by DHS or DVA please contact:

    • DHS on 1800 227 475 or visit the DHS website
    • DVA on 133 254

    For more information on this financial assessment please visit the My Aged Care website.

    Step 3.

    Pathway to enter an aged care home.

    Pathway to enter an aged care home.

    Give Village Glen a call today and we can discuss the costs specific to you and Village Glen Aged Care Residences. You can visit our ‘Price List’ to give you a complete rundown of the fees and accommodation prices at Village Glen, but whether you are required to pay all of these will be based on your financial assessment.

    Every aged care facility has to keep a % of beds for Government funded residents.

    We can fill you in on what those costs provide you in terms of your room, facilities and services. We can also assist and guide you in the above assessments if you require any support through that process.

    Village Glen have been working in the aged care space for over 10 years and we will offer whatever support you require in your aged care journey. We also highly suggest that anyone considering their own or their loved one’s aged care options seeks independent financial advice from an expert in the aged care industry.